Solid sheets in polycarbonate UV protected
Akraplus is a transparent flat sheet in solid polycarbonate with excellent mechanical properties, high impact strength and considerable resiliency, suitable for translucent surfaces of any kind, in flat or curved execution.
The range includes sheets in various thickness, available in full sheet or cut on size.
Due to the good workability, durability, toughness, impact strength which makes them practically unbreakable and the low weight compared to glass, the Akraplus sheets find numerous applications for the realisation of translucent surfaces.
Elements of the system
- Sheets extruded in solid polycarbonate UV protected on both sides
- thickness: from 2 to 12 mm
- standard width: 2050 mm
- standard length: 3050 mm; others on request with minimum quantities
- colours: clear, opaline, bronze; others on request with minimum quantities
- Accessories: joint profiles in aluminium
Applications and use
- Vaulted roofs
- Pitched roofs
- Transparent glazing and walls (inside and outside)
- Safety barriers
- High transparency
- Impact strength
- Rigidity and load bearing capability (depending on thickness)
- Cold bending during installation (depending on thickness)
- Junction of the sheets with special profiles
- Fire certificate