Corrugated and profiled mini cellular sheets in polycarbonate UV protected
Akralux Minicel is a choice of sheets in cellular polycarbonate in low thickness (approx. 3 mm). They represent the ideal solution for rooflights in the middle of the roof surface, parallel to the ridge. The profiled shape confers rigidity and high load bearing capability in relation to the thickness. The UV protection on the external side of the sheet maintains the excellent light diffusion practically unchanged in time. By overlapping the sheets no joint profiles are needed, allowing thus easy and fast installation.
For roof applications a minimum slope of 4° (7%) is recommended.
Compared to traditional solutions with solid single-wall sheets, Akralux Minicel offers improved thermal insulation, reducing the possibility of condensation under the sheets and increased load capacity. Due to the low thickness and high resilience of the material, the sheets can be combined with metal sheets or sandwich panels in the correspondent profile.
Elements of the system
- Sheets extruded in multi-wall polycarbonate with UV protected external side, available in numerous profiles
- length on size, up to transportation limit
- colours: clear, opaline, others on request
- sealed hollow chambers
Applications and use
- Industrial rooflights in combination with metal sheets and sandwich panels
- Translucent roofs
- Translucent walls
- Impact strength
- Thermal insulation
- Easy installation (lateral overlapping)
- Fire certification